Which browser is recommended for Windows Phone 8.1?

Dick Cooper

May 11, 2018, 11:19:54 AM5/11/18
to Brennan Forum
Hi

http://www.brennan.co.uk/itemcontent.php/content/WebUI says Chrome is recommended for the Web UI but I don't think it's available for Windows Phone. What is the recommended browser please? Internet Explorer doesn't work very well on my Lumia 520 - difficulty scrolling - scrollbar is hard to find with fat fingers. I find Edge works fine on my Windows 10 laptop (using a mouse).

Anyone else used the Web UI with a Windows phone?

Thanks

Dick Cooper

May 14, 2018, 12:47:22 PM5/14/18
to Brennan Forum
Hey everybody, stop just looking at my post and say something! Even if it's "why on earth would anyone get a Windows phone?"

Adam Sharpe

May 14, 2018, 2:42:49 PM5/14/18
to Brennan Forum
Why on earth would anyone get a Windows phone?

Well, you did ask.... 😉

David Gardner

May 17, 2018, 6:43:50 AM5/17/18
to Brennan Forum
Dick,
I feel bad that none of us has been able to help. I did surf a bit but only discovered that Chrome used to be available for Windows phones but no longer is. Seems like there is no easy solution for you.

Dick Cooper

May 28, 2018, 11:47:54 AM5/28/18
to Brennan Forum
Hi Adam

Well, the thing was that my Android phone, which I didn't connect to the internet much, was useless for the first half hour because it always seemed to be busy downloading updates to thing I didn't use and couldn't delete, like Google Play. So I wanted a technology that was stable (i.e. no more updates) - hence Windows Phone 8.1. Now you know.

Cheers

p.s. Unfortunately, Microsoft seems to be blocking me from downloading the likely looking alternative browsers, Opera Mini and Nokia Xpress - a stern "not available for your device" message, but I'm trying out Surfy and will report back (in case there's any other Windows Phone 8.1 user)