Can I contribute (software changes/pull requests)?

Jon Hawkesworth

Sep 2, 2021, 1:35:11 AM9/2/21
to Brennan Forum
I recently got a BB1 and have a few ideas for enhancements such as adding ability to select classical mode, which I note is already a wishlist item.

From my day job, I have a fair bit of programming experience in various languages, lots of unix/linux experience and in the past have been trusted with commit access to a widely-used open source project.
I recently built a raspberry pi-based music streamer so am familiar with some of the issues involved in physical control of software (I learned a lot about debouncing rotary encoders in the process, for example).
As such, I think I have a certain amount of relevant experience so hopefully wouldn't need a significant amount of orientation.

I completely understand if it isn't possible or practical, but wanted to ask.

Jon

PMB

Sep 2, 2021, 3:18:28 AM9/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jon,

Thank you for your post. I have passed your details to Martin Brennan as he deals with all the 1's and 0's. I do know he has been reluctant to do this in the past as he doesn't have the time to provide support.

Paul
Brennan Support.