V3 web UI

Chrissy7090

Oct 15, 2019, 4:17:51 AM10/15/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi all

Just a question. What device(s) is this new Ui aimed at? I can use four different devices with v1 &v2. With v3 the only device functioning with any degree of success is a PC. My android phone is totally a non starter ( expected) . My IPad several essential features do not work at all - RADIO PRESETS & VOLUME SLIDER for example. Amazon Fire tablet surprisingly works best of all but again no RADIO PRESETS. Now I realise Rome wasn’t built in a day and I know Martin in the past has sorted virtually every problem thrown at him on this forum but I for one feel as good looking as v3 is its not for me until some essentials are sorted out.

Best regards

Chris

David Tellett

Oct 15, 2019, 7:45:46 AM10/15/19
to Brennan Forum
I believe the V3 is aimed purely at PC interfaces.

Chrissy7090

Oct 15, 2019, 8:28:36 AM10/15/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi David

You seem to have some insider knowledge there. Can’t find that fact shown anywhere when Martin announced V3. Are you aware of any plans to develop for the IPad at least.

Chris

Tony Johnston

Oct 15, 2019, 9:05:07 AM10/15/19
to Brennan Forum
Certainly works on PC, but only part loads on Android.

David Tellett

Oct 15, 2019, 9:45:36 AM10/15/19
to Brennan Forum
Hello Chris, no insider knowledge, but just looking at it - it seems designed for a desktop. We already have a very different mobile/ tablet UI, and the original ‘desktop’ version. This v3 looks to me like an alternative to that original web browser.

Personally, I hope all the versions remain as options and are, if anything, added to.

David

PMB

Oct 16, 2019, 3:12:24 AM10/16/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Chris,

I think the idea of releasing V3 was to gauge reaction to the design, layout, etc and get some feedback.

It's far from the final article.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Chrissy7090

Oct 16, 2019, 5:30:22 AM10/16/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul

I hope the tone of parts of my message were not “over the top”. It’s just that I feel if a new UI is being released the very basic controls, in this case,,, VOLUME SLIDER should function. I have tried v3 on my PC and everything seems to work ok other than RADIO PRESETS. Is that supposed to be the case with an IPad or is that still being developed?

Regards

Chris

JFBUK

Oct 16, 2019, 10:14:50 AM10/16/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

overall I find the new interface much cleaner and pleasing on the eye. The "oscilloscope" trace has gone which I have never thought added anything :)

Feedback (some of which others have also mentioned) :

1.The Logo artefact is not displaying properly. Chrome Firefox and MS Edge all have the same issue
2. Does the scroll-able window for artists/albums/tracks have to use such large cover art images ? I have a large number of artists uploaded so this means that the scroll box runs very deep. By reducing the size a larger number can be displayed on each line
3. Can the track listing window be made scroll-able ?
4. Tone control/equalizer setting functionality is missing
5. Search Albums Icon is not displaying
6. Wish list : display the track number and track time of the currently playing track, display total number of tracks on the album or playlist currently playing, sort options for the artists/albums/tracks window, display album art when in tracks mode

Nick Hickson

Oct 16, 2019, 11:52:17 AM10/16/19
to Brennan Forum
It's a disaaaaaster, darling as Craig Revel Horwood would say!

John Bisset

Oct 16, 2019, 12:40:01 PM10/16/19
to Brennan Forum
Really like this interface with 2 immediate problems: Radio presets not working &, more importantly, only way to get to search function is to set zoom on chrome to 75%. The grey player at the bottom of the screen is so wide it obscures the search function toggles at normal zoom level even on full screen.

Jo Banks

Oct 17, 2019, 3:10:34 PM10/17/19
to Brennan Forum
I stumbled upon this & it worked for me with radio presets - click on 3 dots at right of radio station in vTuner, brings up window 'move .... to preset', then click on preset number you want under this heading, it should then appear in the presets window at bottom  left of UI.

Rick H

Oct 17, 2019, 5:35:13 PM10/17/19
to Brennan Forum
I will have to give this a try. Thanks, Jo. I didn't even notice the 3 dots....

Leslie Brownlee

Oct 17, 2019, 6:00:13 PM10/17/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jo. Tried your method, but the presets don't show up anywhere except in the" move to preset" window, which showed what I had assigned to them via the original UI. If I select the Preset tab the screen just shows whatever the previous tab was ie Home, Radio, YouTube etc. What set up are you using? I'm on a Windows 10 laptop using Chrome. What shows up when you select the Preset tab?
Screenshot (18).png

Norcal

Oct 18, 2019, 3:56:16 PM10/18/19
to Brennan Forum
I have a cheap Android tablet that I used to interface with the B2 and the V3 interface worked well for the tasks I wished to accomplish. But lately I've switched to using the Android app on my S10+ and frankly hardly ever use the tablet with the web based interface anymore. I don't use Internet radio or YouTube functionality so my experience is limited.

Rick H

Oct 18, 2019, 8:03:02 PM10/18/19
to Brennan Forum
I tried what Jo suggested but, I don't see any "3 dots" anywhere in the new web UI. So, presets still don't work. As long as this is the case I will continue to use the old UI in which radio presets do show up and work.

Dennis Lefebvre

Oct 19, 2019, 8:12:16 AM10/19/19
to Brennan Forum

On Friday, October 18, 2019 at 8:03:02 PM UTC-4, Rick H wrote:
I don't see any "3 dots" anywhere in the new web UI.

Click: Radio (on left edge menu)
Find a specific radio station using the Search vTuner box -or- the geographic menus
When a radio station entry is displayed you will see three dots on right edge (see image)
Clicking the Dots allows you to add the station to a Preset
BUT on my computer no usable Preset menu is displayed.

Screenshot 2019-10-19 at 07.46.19.png

Rick H

Oct 19, 2019, 1:47:47 PM10/19/19
to Brennan Forum
I already have the radio presets I want to listen to using the old ui. What you show me in that screen shot is how to look up radio stations. But how do you add them to the "preset" category on the left?

Jo Banks

Oct 19, 2019, 5:00:27 PM10/19/19
to Brennan Forum
This is my UI - three dots marked is the first click.  Clicking on a preset number in the menu that appears overrides what is already that preset and puts the radio station you've selected into that preset number in the presets list at the bottom left. Hope that helps.
Jo
InkedUI_LI.jpg

Leslie Brownlee

Oct 19, 2019, 5:36:45 PM10/19/19
to Brennan Forum
I think there are some crossed wires here.

Jo, your UI looks like the original one. It's on the new developmental v3 UI that people are not seeing the radio presets displayed on.

Rick H

Oct 19, 2019, 7:10:46 PM10/19/19
to Brennan Forum
Exactly, I have been using the original web UI since I got my B2. I know those presets work. I listen to them a lot. It is the new V3 UI that I am having an issue with. But, perhaps that is because it is still being tweaked by the developers. I'll wait until it is complete and give it a try then.