NAS connection

Bob Worobec

Jan 18, 2022, 8:24:11 AM1/18/22
to Brennan Forum
I turned on NAS on the B2 but cannot connect to it. I can see it in Network on my Mac, but cannot connect to it. VLC doesn't even see the B2.

Bob

JFBUK

Jan 18, 2022, 9:57:19 AM1/18/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Bob,

have you tried connecting at the folder level , its the Music folder that is shared

i.e,

//192.168.0.xxx/music

John

Bob Worobec

Jan 18, 2022, 10:20:38 AM1/18/22
to Brennan Forum
I was able to connect via Finder, but VLC doesn't see the share.

JFBUK

Jan 18, 2022, 10:42:11 AM1/18/22
to Brennan Forum
In VLC

If you click Media on the menu bar and then open folder from the drop down is the mapped folder not shown ?
I'm not sure the Windows PC or Mac versions of VLC can map network drives in the same way as the Android phone app.

John

Mark Fishman

Jan 18, 2022, 5:33:24 PM1/18/22
to Brennan Forum
Some applications cannot use UNC paths (that's where you just try to identify a network locations as //server/share). You should ALWAYS try to map a drive letter (on Windows) or actually mount the network location (on Mac or Linux) so that you can use a local reference, e.g., S: or /Volumes/B2music.

Then if you still have the same issue using a drive letter or local mount point you can say there's a problem. Otherwise you might just be using an application that doesn't like UNC paths.

PMB

Jan 19, 2022, 4:24:45 AM1/19/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Bobwo...,

I see you have reported a web UI and app issue on another thread, so there appears to be a problem with your setup/network.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Bob Worobec

Jan 19, 2022, 2:00:20 PM1/19/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks everyone. I just had to figure out how to specify the user / password for the B2. By default I was connecting as the laptop user instead of as root / brennan