Android App issues

Chris Jones

Feb 15, 2021, 6:34:20 AM2/15/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi After using the new version of the Android app, I have found a couple of things

1 - When using the app I can browse through all the artists "A to Z" without issue, however if I click on Web UI in the top left corner and then try to Browse it will only allow me to scroll down to "D"

2 - when using the Web UI(Via the app)  if I touch the album name it will take me back to the album that is currently playing (allowing me to select a different track) and likewise if I select the artist name it will take me back to the "Artists" allowing me to select a different album from the same artist. so all seems good. however this does not work when using the App's interface.

Has anyone else seen this?

And hope it makes sense?

Many Thanks

Chris

Steven Kennard

Feb 15, 2021, 10:34:44 AM2/15/21
to Brennan Forum
How many total Artists do you have? More than 500? If not, then there is no problem. The issue is the limitation on the app (non web UI) of 500 listed and on the Web UI of 50.
Steven

Chris Jones

Feb 15, 2021, 10:47:20 AM2/15/21
to Brennan Forum
Currently I just have 253 different artists,  if this is the case it's a pretty poor show, as I still have at least another 300 CD's to load.

Is this something that will be fixed in further updates?

Chris

PMB

Feb 16, 2021, 4:37:36 AM2/16/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Chris,

What device are you running the app on?

Paul
Brennan Support.

Chris Jones

Feb 16, 2021, 4:50:10 AM2/16/21
to Brennan Forum

Hi Paul

I am using a Samsung S21 ultra

Regards

Chris

MJB

Feb 16, 2021, 10:03:57 AM2/16/21
to Brennan Forum
Hello Chris

Thanks for the description of the problem - there shouldnt be a problem putting it right - and yes we would release it in a software update.

I don't know yet whether this is caused by web UI operating in an app environment or if it was a limitation of the v3m web UI - that just didnt come to light before.

Are you able to check on a browser for me - put 192.168.0.19/v3m.html in the URL (using the ip address of your B2) and let me know if you see the same problem.

Martin

Steven Kennard

Feb 16, 2021, 10:48:28 AM2/16/21
to Brennan Forum
I've just checked on that URL above on a browser and the limitation for me is still 50.
Cheers
Steven

Chris Jones

Feb 16, 2021, 1:12:50 PM2/16/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Martin

I have just done the test using  EDGE browser on my PC and its works fine, however on the app its only shows the first 50 artists

Hope this helps

Regards

Chris

PMB

Feb 17, 2021, 4:57:13 AM2/17/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Steven and Chris,

Thanks for the info.

Paul
Brennan Support.

PMB

Feb 17, 2021, 4:58:27 AM2/17/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

Anyone seeing the Android app freezing and requires either the B2 or the phone to be restarted?

Please let me have the model of the phone in this case.

Paul
Brennan Support.