Scan disk

ade murphy

Jun 30, 2021, 2:52:08 PM6/30/21
to Brennan Forum
This might be a newbie thing but I've run scan disk and now my Brennan is only showing 1album on hdd which is the one I ripped after I'd done scan.
My question is have I deleted al! My music

Daniel Taylor

Jun 30, 2021, 3:10:28 PM6/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Most likely your music is still there.  On the front display, does the scrolling information say Source: Hard Disk or Source: SD card?

If it says that the Source is the SD card, then run the Use HDD command (Maintenance menu).  Sometimes it takes more than one try to work.

Please let us know how you get on.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

ade murphy

Jun 30, 2021, 3:37:07 PM6/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Checked that it's on Hard drive (it is)
Showing 1album

Daniel Taylor

Jun 30, 2021, 4:49:52 PM6/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Hmmm...  I know you did it once, but try running the Scan Disk command again (Settings menu).  If that doesn't do it, do a proper power down sequence, wait 30 seconds and then power up again.

Proper Power Down Sequence:  Press and hold the STOP button until the word SAVING appears in the display, wait until the display goes back to the clock, then turn off the power.  Whenever you want to power down, do it that way.

PMB

Jul 1, 2021, 3:01:16 AM7/1/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi leftiwi...,

Scan Disk simply scans all the music files on the HDD and builds an internal database of the music. It uses this database (b2db) to locate and play your music.

Did running Scan Disk again recover your music? Have you tried the power cycle as suggested?

For the Proper Power Down Sequence, make sure the B2 is paused (showing the clock) before pressing and holding the Play/Stop button - otherwise the display may stick on 'saving' rather than returning the clock.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted