Original B2 software update?

Old-nick

Aug 6, 2021, 5:46:14 AM8/6/21
to Brennan Forum
On the Brennan website it says - " 20th July 2021 New feature for B2. Create a playlist called "Blacklist" and anything that appears in that list will not play during random play. You can specify tracks, albums or artists. This upgrade is only for B2B software - original B2 and BB1 to follow."

I have just updated my original B2 and still have the 13th July version, when will the original B2 be updated?

Peter Lowham

Aug 6, 2021, 11:58:14 AM8/6/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Nick,

This doesn't answer your question, but you could upgrade to the B2B software and then you will get the latest release as soon as it is issued.  You can either re-flash your existing card from a PC/Mac or purchase a ready-to-use replacement from Brennan (£10).

Here is a link to the website instructions if you want to think about this.

Look under 'New SD card'

We can supply more detailed instructions if you wish to try this process.

Regards,
Peter.

Daniel Taylor

Aug 6, 2021, 5:01:32 PM8/6/21
to Brennan Forum
The reason that the B2 and BB1 software have not been updated with the latest enhancement yet is because there is a minor bug that is still being worked on.  It probably won't be too much longer until it's ready.

The B2B software provides added capability for Bluetooth functionality.  That is the currently preferred standard software now.  The B2 version is legacy code for those who haven't upgraded yet.

Old-nick

Aug 7, 2021, 5:33:51 AM8/7/21
to Brennan Forum
I will try updating the SD card, to be honest I had not considered this option.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Old-nick

Aug 12, 2021, 5:14:04 AM8/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Now updated with a new SD card. Thanks for the help.

Peter Lowham

Aug 12, 2021, 5:21:24 AM8/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Nick,