Use of USB turntable

Hilary Dennes

Feb 11, 2021, 5:20:56 AM2/11/21
to Brennan Forum

I have an Ion USB turntable on which I transferred most of my vinyl albums to iTunes on the (iMac) computer some time ago. I have now tried to use it to transfer some  albums direct onto the JB7 using the USB port on the front of the Brennan. The screen seemed to say that it was recording bu I have not been able to retrieve it if it was recorded.

Can anyone advise if this system would have worked and, if so, how I might find it on the JB7? I can only use the button as the remote control does not work.

Alan Keen

Feb 11, 2021, 10:30:01 AM2/11/21
to Brennan Forum
I also use an Ion turntable  but in a different way.  it was originally produced I believe to archive your valuable vinyl.  This was done by recording to a flash drive and then to cd.  I gather it was done that way to reduce any rumble sounds on the cd.  I have no idea how that worked but I did get really good cd recordings from it.  I then ripped the cd to the B2 , keeping the cd as a master copy.  A bit more long winded than your proposed method but it worked for me.

John AK

Feb 11, 2021, 5:28:01 PM2/11/21
to Brennan Forum
I believe that if you record via the USB that the recording is initially placed on the SD card not the hard disc. You then have to transfer your recording. This is detailed in one of the B2 help files https://www.brennan.co.uk/itemcontent.php/content/B2Recording
not sure whether the same is true for your JB7

PMB

Feb 12, 2021, 3:52:31 AM2/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Hilar...

You cannot connect the Ion directly to the JB7s USB port - as I understand it the Ion requires software to run and this cannot be loaded onto the JB7.

You'll have to record to a computer and save as MP3, then transfer to the JB7 using a USB memory stick or HDD (which will need to be FAT32 to be recognised by the JB7).

Paul
Brennan Support.