connect brennan b2 speakers to sonos system (so the B2 speakers are part of the sonos system)

Sue Earnshaw

Dec 14, 2018, 10:01:47 AM12/14/18
to Brennan Forum
Hi

I have recently bought the b2 and have been getting along with it really well, got wifi/bluetooth/NAS/sonos working, CD's loading, copied music from the Mac and iTunes library, loving it all.

I have hit one stumbling gnbglokc, and not sure if i am just not connecting it up correctly but I want to connect the brennan b2 speakers to the sonos system (so the B2 speakers are part of the sonos speaker system). I can play the playlist from the B2 on my sonos system, all good there, but it doesn't use the speakers connected to the B2.

I have a sonos Zonplayer Zp100 - and tried connect the line out leads to the line in on the b2 but no joy. Is what i am trying to do possible?
Do i need to set the B2 to aux (but if I do i've read the HDD is not accessible so I'd lose the sonos music library?)

Thanks
Sue

Sue Earnshaw

Dec 14, 2018, 10:48:56 AM12/14/18
to Brennan Forum
Hi
Update - I have found the setting on the B2 that switches to AUX and line in, and I can now use my B2 Speakers as part of the Sonos set up, but, as I suspected/feared, Sonos can no longer find the HDD of the B2, shame.

Is it possible (in the future....) that i can have the best of both worlds?
Thanks
Sue
Message has been deleted

PMB

Dec 17, 2018, 4:03:05 AM12/17/18
to Brennan Forum
Hi Sue,

Thanks for your comments and useful feedback.

Paul
Brennan