Problems after installing Bluetooth V8

Zafer Akdoganli

May 9, 2020, 5:36:49 AM5/9/20
to Brennan Forum

Hi, I downloaded the beta btubeV8.tar.gz and installed via usb to BB1, it did not worked, I've repeated the process downloading the same file second time, nothing changed, plus now I have difficulties to keep the connection the opposite way, I have an Asus Zenfone3, running on Android 8 Oreo, when I connect to BB1 Bluetooth app on the phone stops and restarts continously, this was not the case before the beta download, the connection was without problems. I've checked the phone with another speaker JBL 2+, no problems, bluetooth functions perfectly. After all I would not use Bluetooth out from BB1. The question is how can I get back to the previous configuration? Any ideas
Zafer

john Henrick

May 9, 2020, 5:37:59 AM5/9/20
to Brennan Forum
To get the old configuration back just do a web upgrade it reverts

Peter Lowham

May 9, 2020, 6:14:58 AM5/9/20
to Brennan Forum
John, Zafer,

I don't think that doing the 'Web Upgrade' will work in this case as it only updates (or in some cases, downdates) the 'core' BB1 Brennan code.  If you are running on BB1 code 'BB1 Apr 22 2020' and you run the 'Web Upgrade' you will find that the version date will have changed to something like 'BB1 Mar 18 2020' BUT the Bluetooth will stack not have been changed (downdated).

The Bluetooth code is an independent and separate stack and, as far as I can see, will need a different course of action.  One option would be to rebuild the SD card per the Brennan website instructions which would take your version back to October 2019, and then run the 'Web Upgrade' to get back to March 2020.

I hope that this will save some pain. If you go through the Web Upgrade only, and believe that the Bluetooth upgrade has been reversed then you will be heading down the rocky road of still having the original problem but looking at other (incorrect) causes.

The reason that the Bluetooth upgrade is done using the 'USB Upgrade' option underlines the above information.

Regards,
Peter.

PMB

May 11, 2020, 4:53:04 AM5/11/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Zafer,

After loading btubeV8.tar.gz did you then run 'Bluetooth Upgrade' (Maintenance menu)?

You could also try resetting/restarting the phone.

Paul
Brennan Support.