Incremental Import?

Tony Bramley

Feb 8, 2021, 7:14:27 AM2/8/21
to Brennan Forum
New user here - I can see from the website that 'export' to an external hard drive can be incremental if there is pre-existing compatible data stored on the external drive from earlier back-ups from the B2, but what I can't find anywhere is whether this also applies to 'import' in the reverse of that process?
My limited experience so far suggests not, but I just wondered if there was a way to do a 'selective'  import of only some of the albums on the external hard drive onto the B2?

Thanks.

Tony B

Peter Lowham

Feb 8, 2021, 8:20:39 AM2/8/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Tony,

The 'Export' function is incremental, but the 'Import' function is not.  This means that the 'Import' will unconditionally overwrite a folder or file that already exists on the B2.

The way that I do 'selective' imports is to create a new 'b2Export' file on a USB device and drag and drop the music folders that I want to import onto that USB device.

Alternatively, if you have NAS enabled on the B2, you can drag and drop directly from your PC/Mac.  This is very convenient, but works best if your B2 is hardwired to your router.  It does work over a B2 WiFi connection but can be somewhat slow.

Regards,
Peter.

Peter Lowham

Feb 8, 2021, 1:06:17 PM2/8/21
to Brennan Forum
Received from Tony via PM.

Peter,

Thanks for that - now understand the best way to proceed.

Regards.

Tony