Issue with Brennan app - cannot scroll through artists

Claire Thompson

Nov 10, 2020, 12:01:27 PM11/10/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi all. My Brennan app has developed a really irritating problem.  When I hit the search magnifying glass, I can only scroll down to the end of "B" artists (same principle applies to scrolling through albums and songs). Until recently I could scroll through all the artists etc.

So I have to remember what I have (and there are many 100 artists on mine) in order to access content by entering the name of the artist, album or song I want.

The only way I can browse my Brennan now is to manually do it on the unit (time consuming, and impossible if accessing remotely from another part of the house) or to load up the UI on my phone (which doesn't have the nice features of the app).

Does anyone know what's going on / whether there is a fix?

I tried updating the B2 after the YouTube fix (which incidentally still is not working for me) twice, but I still have this issue.

Many thanks

Claire

mntu...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2020, 12:04:40 PM11/10/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Claire,
Mine B2 frequently freezes around D. The only way I've found to get round the problem is to take it very slow when scrolling down, or even go up a bit, as if you're were prepared to vault a hurdle, then go again, but slowly.
Hope that works for you

Martin

Mike W

Nov 10, 2020, 12:17:44 PM11/10/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Claire, if you are using the magnifying glass then that is the "search brennan" function and it is shows the results of search criteria entered into the top field, it's not really intended to show all of the artists.

If you want to scroll through then use then use the function that looks like a family tree just to the left of the magnifying glass. This will allow you to scroll all the way through although there may be some slight delays whilst the app downloads the cover art to display.

Hope this helps

Mike

Daniel Taylor

Nov 10, 2020, 2:19:29 PM11/10/20
to Brennan Forum
If you cannot scroll through a list of everything that you know is on the B2, it could be a problem with WiFi strength.

PMB

Nov 11, 2020, 3:45:25 AM11/11/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Claire,

The 'app' simply finds the B2 on your network (to save having to type the IP Address into the browser) and then opens the web UI, so should work the same as running the web UI using Chrome, Safari, etc.

As Daniel suggests, it could be a WiFi signal issue so try checking the signal at the B2 - Maintenance menu > WiFi Strength. It needs to be at least -60dBm (-50dBm is a stronger signal and -70dBm is weaker) and should not fluctuate wildly for a reliable connection.

Let us know the figure.

Have you tried selecting 'Web UI' using the tab shown in the lower left hand corner of the display?

Paul
Brennan Support.

Mike W

Nov 11, 2020, 4:16:17 AM11/11/20
to Brennan Forum
Had this reply from Claire via email:

Aha! Thanks, Mike - guess I havent read the instructions for a little while! Funnily enough, that works for me :-)

Thanks
Claire

Mike