Backing up from JB7 to B2

Michael Williams

Feb 21, 2022, 3:54:41 PM2/21/22
to Brennan Forum
Can anyone help me with this problem?

How do I back up the music on my JB7 to my new B2?

Please have respect for my virtually complete inexperience in this matter and if you can

help please respond in words of one syllable.

Do I need a new device? If so, what exactly does it call itself and where can I buy it?

Looking forward, with your help, to a hassle-free experience.

Mike Williams.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2022, 4:37:31 PM2/21/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mike,

You need to get yourself a USB disk (not a USB stick or thumb drive as there are too many fakes around) large enough to back up your JB7 _ you may already have a backup if so you can use this.
Any how using the JB7 make a backup of you JB7's music.

Then plug the USB device into your B2 's USB C socket and using the front wheel menu system  go :-

USB Menu ... JB7 Functions...Restore USB C

And the B2 will be populated with your JB7 music.

Fred

PMB

Feb 22, 2022, 6:36:48 AM2/22/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mike,

You'll need a USB memory device such as a USB HDD (hard disk drive) or SSD (solid state disk) to backup to. This device needs to be FAT32 formatted otherwise the JB7 and B2 will not recognise it. The B2 does have a routine for doing this - plug the drive into USB C on the B2 and use the front control to go to Settings >> Maintenance >> Format USB C.

Transfer the drive to the JB7 and power on. Navigate to the USB menu and select 'Backup Music'. This may take several (many) hours to run.

Plug the backup drive into USB C on the B2 and use the front control to go to USB >> JB7 Functions >> Restore USB C.

If you feel this is all beyond you, our service agent AudioTech can do the transfer for you. They can be contacted on -   audiotechcontact  @  gmail  .  com  - no spaces.

Paul
Brennan Support.