Encoding problems

Ian Roberts

Feb 18, 2022, 9:07:30 AM2/18/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi - Tracks are selected to play on the Brennan app / desktop /Sonos app from my B2 playing through a pair of Sonos One SL and often begin playing then abruptly stop and move to the next in the queue or stop playing altogether. A message states that the track has not been encoded properly. How is this fixed?

JFBUK

Feb 18, 2022, 9:13:46 AM2/18/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Ian,

how were these tracks created ?
Ripped on the B2, or ripped elsewhere and uploaded etc. ?

John

Ian Roberts

Feb 18, 2022, 11:19:20 AM2/18/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi John
These were all ripped on the B2. It seems to occur more often, if not exclusively, when there is an entire album set to play.

Ian

JFBUK

Feb 18, 2022, 11:33:10 AM2/18/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Ian,

I've not seen reports of encoding warnings before.

If you gave access to a computer then you could look at the file tag properties if you have suitable software installed and see what its says about encoding

John

Screenshot 2022-02-18 163017.jpg

PMB

Feb 21, 2022, 4:46:39 AM2/21/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Ian,

Are the Tracks compressed? Check the Stats - press INFO on the remote or click the COG wheel on the web UI to see these - for any WAV files.

Had a quick look on line and couldn't see FLAC (although I'm sure Sonos does play FLAC) or WAV files mentioned on the Sonos site.

Paul

john.h...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2022, 5:36:10 AM2/21/22
to Brennan Forum
Sonos does play wave and flac without issue

The message not encoded properly often appears when there is wireless interference on the network

Try wiring a sonos  speaker to ethernet which uses sonosnet and check wireless channel for this is different to router
John