Is there an Optimum Size for Album Art Images?

Ray Eldridge

May 9, 2019, 7:09:21 AM5/9/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

Just wanted to know if there's an optimum size (length, width and bytes) for Album Cover Art?

I've noticed that different album images can display smaller or larger than others in the web UI.

If we could work out an optimum size to get the image a large as possible within the web UI, I could dispense with my magnifying glass :-)

Regards,
Ray.

Daniel Taylor

May 9, 2019, 10:45:25 AM5/9/19
to Brennan Forum
I've not encountered that problem.  However, for the sake of saving disk space, I try to keep all my coverart file sizes under 30k.  It shows up well on the WebUI on my PC, and I'd expect it to look just as good on smaller screens.

RaymondO

May 11, 2019, 4:32:06 AM5/11/19
to Brennan Forum
Mine average 16Kb, I can certainly see differences below this, but I find it a good compromise. I usually pull them from Discogs website.