New Wifi but can't scan for it in Setup Wifi

Mike Jones

Aug 16, 2022, 6:04:01 PM8/16/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi all, I have just got Wi-Fi working with a new provider. My Brennan B2 was connected successfully to the old Wi-Fi router so that I could use the Brennan app etc on my phone. Now when using "Setup WIFI" in the Settings menu I don't see any wi-fi connections shown after the scan completes. The Wi-Fi dongle is in the USB -A socket.
Has anyone got any ideas how to get the Wi-Fi working on my Brennan B2 please?
Many thanks

PMB

Aug 17, 2022, 6:57:52 AM8/17/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi quant...,

Please note this Forum is now closed and we have moved to   thebrennanforum.com

Try 'Reset WiFi' which can be found in the Maintenance menu, using the front control and then run 'Setup WiFi' again.

If that doesn't help, power down the B2 and move the dongle to USB C.

Paul
Brennan Support.

J Rathbone

Aug 17, 2022, 6:58:39 AM8/17/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi
That’s a worry - I’m looking at switching from BT landline+broadband wifi (exorbitant renewal increase) to mobile-only + unlimited data   SIM card-only deal (bargain price!).
My Brennan BB1 has always worked flawlessly with BT (automatically connects to my sister’s BT whenever I visit and piggybacks on to nearby BT users’ Wi-fi wherever else I travel) but I hadn’t considered this might cause problems for the Brennan. Did your previous setup use different “protocols” to your new setup and, if so, can you access the Wi-fi router admin page to check if the settings can be changed?
Cheers
Jim

Mark Fishman

Aug 17, 2022, 6:28:10 PM8/17/22
to Brennan Forum
Please repost any questions or comments to the new forum at https://www.thebrennanforum.com/
This forum is being archived and there is very little activity here.

One thing to be aware of, if you are switching to an Internet plan that uses only cellular data, is thatthe Brennan devices do not use cellular data. Unless your phone can be used as a wifi hotspot you will lose network connectivity for your BB1.