Locating ripped CDs

Wilfried Schmid

Aug 10, 2021, 5:50:34 PM8/10/21
to Brennan Forum
By now, I have ripped hundreds of CDs. When I rip another one, I never know where it will show up on my list of ripped CDs on the B2 web interface. Is there a consistent way of locating a newly ripped CD on my list?
Message has been deleted

Daniel Taylor

Aug 10, 2021, 8:25:32 PM8/10/21
to Brennan Forum
In the WebUI, you can choose to display either by Artist or Album.  Then you can select to list in alphabetical order, or in the order in which the artist/album was ripped or loaded onto the B2.  Assuming you've found the right info for that album when you ripped, when viewed by Artist the Artist folder name will appear either in alphabetical order, or it will be the last thing on the list.  You can toggle alphabetical order on/off by clicking on the icon that has A above Z with a down-arrow by it.

On Tuesday, August 10, 2021 at 8:01:46 PM UTC-4 fred.w....@gmail.com wrote:
I may be wrong, but the short answer is no. The newly ripped CD will be ripped normally to an 'artist,album,tracks' file structure and will appear there.
For a time it may be WAV format but eventually it will be compressed to FLAC by default. There is no date of ripping acquired for use in the B2s interfaces.
If no name is found or entered during ripping then the cd will be filed with a generated number .... This does show order of ripping!

It may be from the Linux operating system level, dates are added to the files (i have never looked) and if so this could/would give you what you want.

Fred

PMB

Aug 11, 2021, 3:26:07 AM8/11/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Wilfried,

When you are loading your CDs, is the B2 finding titles for them or are you loading them as Album 123, etc?

If they are being given Album 123 type titles then they will be stored in the 'unknown' Artist folder, as Album 123 and Track 1, Track 2, etc.

Have you got the B2 connected to your WiFi - it needs this to use the online database of CD titles?

Paul
Brennan Support.