Bluetooth and HDMI connection problems

Roger Wells

Dec 29, 2021, 2:08:07 PM12/29/21
to Brennan Forum
I have just installed my new B2 and have been unable to connect the output to my Pioneer AV Receiver by either HDMI or Bluetooth.

For the HDMI: I have read through this thread and tried all the suggested fixes but still cannot get any sound through my audio system. I can plug the line-out directly to the aux-in on my receiver and this works but has an unsightly cable running across the front of my setup. I do not have an optical cable yet, but I assume that this should work. I am using two AV receivers, one for inside the house and the other one for outdoor speakers and was hoping to use separate B2 connections to each amplifier, say Bluetooth to one and HDMI to the other, and just switch on the amplifier that I wanted to use at any time. This would be fine if I could get the Bluetooth connection to work.

Bluetooth:  I can successfully pair the B2 with my Pioneer AV receiver (the other one does not have Bluetooth) but get no sound. B2 successfully connects to to several other Bluetooth devices with no problem. My iPhone successfully connects to my AV receiver so I know that its Bluetooth function is working. Not sure where to go from here.

There are some workaround solutions such as connecting my outdoor speakers directly to the B2 outputs, but then I would have to add a switch to turn the speakers off when I do not want outdoor music

Roger

Daniel Taylor

Dec 29, 2021, 2:25:36 PM12/29/21
to Brennan Forum
As you may have already read, I use the HDMI output and I've found it finicky to get going.  But once it's going, it seems to be okay.  Do you have your receiver set to have HDMI enabled on the input you want to use?  On mine, you have to tell it which way to connect on each input.  Beyond that, I don't have anything more to suggest.

For Bluetooth, the first thing that comes to mind is whether you have B2 or B2B software loaded.  Since your unit is new, I would be disappointed if it wasn't already loaded with B2B.

The other thing is that I've read that sometimes a device cannot connect to a device that is already connected to another device.  Try to make sure that your receiver does not think it's still connected to your iPhone.

Sometimes you have to clear everything out and start over with establishing connections.  There are others here who can help you with the specifics.  I've exhausted my ideas on Bluetooth.

Roger Wells

Dec 29, 2021, 3:13:51 PM12/29/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Daniel, I tried several different HDMI inputs that I regularly use for other components -- no sound.

Software Version B2B Aug 5 2021 13:19:19 is installed. All my Bluetooth connections work except the B2 with the Pioneer receiver. The display on the Pioneer says that it is connected to the B2 and vice versa but no sound. If I switch the B2  to a different speaker it connects and plays music.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2021, 6:59:29 PM12/29/21
to Brennan Forum
Not saying this will help but your software is not up to date.
If your B2 is connected up to the internet OK, from the front screen and round knob menus go
Main Menu.  Settings. Web Upgrade

Fred

Roger Wells

Dec 29, 2021, 8:49:27 PM12/29/21