Hoe Does Random Work?

chos...@btinternet.com

Jun 24, 2021, 3:28:14 AM6/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Imagine the following:

I have a BB1 with 2000 tracks on it.

It's Sunday. I turn on my BB1, select Turn Random On and play various tracks during the day. The last track that plays is HELP by the Beatles. At the end of the day I turn the BB1 off.

Now, its Monday. I turn on the BB1, select Turn Random On and press Play.  The first track it plays is HELP by the Beatles (from the start) and then various tracks during the day.

Same on Tuesday, Wednesday, etc, with the first track played being the last one played the day before.

Now imagine that on Sunday I added 10 tracks to the Brennan, another 15 tracks on Monday, 5 on Tuesday and 10 on Wednesday..  By Thursday is it making its selection from the 2000 tracks that were there on Sunday or from the 2040 tracks that are there now?

The reason I ask is that this is what I am doing and I don't seem to be hearing those 40 tracks that have just been added. I know that 40 out of 2000 is not a lot and that it could just be chance that thet do not crop up, but I am wondering if I need to do anything to 'reset' the random process.

Thanks,

Chris Hoskins

PMB

Jun 24, 2021, 4:51:15 AM6/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Chris,

Try running Scan Disk to rebuild the internal database the BB1 uses to locate and play your music.

Also try, after powering the BB1 on, pressing the NEXT button to start a track playing and switch on Random mode.

Paul
Brennan Support.

chos...@btinternet.com

Jun 24, 2021, 4:59:43 PM6/24/21