Import

alan...@live.com

Dec 20, 2021, 12:47:05 PM12/20/21
to Brennan Forum
I would be very grateful if some one could explain in non-technical language how I can resolve my problem , I love the Brennan B2 I bought two for different places , I have 845 CD's in one B2 and 723 CD's in the other . I was told to take a back up or export to a memory stick and then "import " tp the other B2 by selecting  USB functions and choosing "import from C " , when I do this , the B@ says "use restore "
so my questions are where is restore and how do I get my extra Cd's on to the other b2?
thanks in advance for your help

Daniel Taylor

Dec 20, 2021, 1:48:54 PM12/20/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Alan,

I've read that others have seen that message to use Restore, and it puzzles me.  If the disk from which you want to import has been made from the other B2 with the Export command, then it will be ready to Import.  So if that is the case, then just ignore the message about Restore and proceed.

The only legitimate reason I can see for the B2 displaying that message about Restore would be that the folder organization on the import disk is not arranged as Artist\Album\tracks.  On a disk that was created by the Export command, that folder structure would be contained under b2Export\music, but those top two folders are not required for the Import command to work.

For the disk you want to use for Import, are there any factors about it that are different than I just described?  What software version are you currently running?

Peter Lowham

Dec 20, 2021, 2:52:03 PM12/20/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Guys,

I have also seen this message come up even with a properly formatted 'b2Export' music Export.  Like Daniel, I just ignore the message and continue with the Import.

I think that it is a minor bug.  I haven't seen it recently and it might have been fixed on later versions of the software.  If your B2 is not fully up to date, you could try a 'Web Upgrade' and see if that fixes the issue.

Regards,
Peter.

alan...@live.com

Dec 21, 2021, 12:22:32 PM12/21/21
to Brennan Forum
thank you all for help/advice , I will attempt once more

PMB

Dec 22, 2021, 3:47:53 AM12/22/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Alan,

Let us know how it goes or if you need any more help.

Paul
Brennan Support.