About to launch my B2 through the window!!

Graham Wickens

Jan 28, 2022, 2:51:42 PM1/28/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,
just had my B2 repaired (with a new motherboard), BUT, it just will not see my wifi router what ever I try. I am using same Wifi toggle and Router combination as before). The wifi setup only sees my various neighbours routers but not mine.
I have turned the router and B2 off/on several times, but no joy.
this is really beginning to hack me off big time.
any suggestions welcomed.

JFBUK

Jan 28, 2022, 3:54:23 PM1/28/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi,
If you can see your neighbours’ networks then that would indicate your B2 and dongle are working OK.
Can you give us more detail on your network setup ?
The B2 will only connect to a Wi-Fi network operating on the 2.4Ghz band.

John

fred.w....@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2022, 3:59:17 PM1/28/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi gra...

The IMPORTANT point from your above post is "wifi setup only sees my various neighbours routers not mine"
That it is seeing these routers means your B2 is functioning PERFECTLY!!
The fact that it is NOT seeing your router is a problem with your router  or where you have located your B2, not the B2

mr...@ymail.com

Jan 28, 2022, 4:05:17 PM1/28/22
to Brennan Forum
A suggestion might be to connect directly to B2 from router with an ethernet cable to at least see that all is working

JFBUK

Jan 29, 2022, 8:53:21 AM1/29/22
to Brennan Forum
Graham replied to me directly

BT Hub 6 Router, CSR 4.0 wifi dongle. They were communicating just fine on my previous motherboard !!

Graham,

the CSR 4.0 is your Bluetooth dongle, your Wi-Fi dongle will have 802.11n or similar written on it.
Have you used BT Smart Hub Manager to check your router configuration ?

John

fred.w....@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2022, 10:52:29 AM1/29/22
to Brennan Forum
Yep that would do it, you can not connect to a router with using Bluetooth, you need to use the WiFi dongle instead.

Fred

fred.w....@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2022, 11:47:40 AM1/29/22
to Brennan Forum
Go this in my private email

yes I know that.

Bluetooth dongle is CSR 4.0, WIfi Dongle is blank (came from Brennan).

what the dongle over, USB C with USB A  and I still only get  outside Wifi Routers showing.

OK you are then using the correct dongle.

Regarding your router, one thing to try is power cycling it - sometimes they can get stuck in a funny state and need a reboot. If that does not help check to see that the Router does have its 2.4 Ghz section on, as the B2 dongle will not connect over the 5Ghz band.

Fred

Chris Buckle

Jan 30, 2022, 3:46:51 AM1/30/22
to Brennan Forum
I don’t know how they do these things but I would imagine that they will have replaced your SD card along with the motherboard, so WiFi settings may be back to factory state.
Have you tried manually entering your WiFi SSID and re-inputting your password?
Chris

PMB

Jan 31, 2022, 3:39:14 AM1/31/22
to Brennan Forum
HI Gra...,

Try 'Reset WiFi' - Maintenance menu - and then run 'Setup WiFi' - Settings menu again.

Paul
Brennan Support.