Back up problems

Chris from Iowa

Sep 19, 2021, 8:53:46 PM9/19/21
to Brennan Forum
I have at least 2 issues with B2.  I will post separately because they may be separate issues.

I just got my B2 back from repair with a new hard drive.

I installed what I thought were a little over 15,000 songs.  After 45,000 songs were installed I stopped the back up.

I have looked at the back up files on my hard drive plugged into my mac computer.  Almost all files are WAV files, no duplicate files show up in each artist that I have found.  Which is what I want.

I copy and paste files from back up hard drive into music app in mac and no unwanted files exist.  Such as apple lossless AAC etc., or mp3.

I have no idea what has happened, where the hidden files are, or how to get rid of them or how to delete  the unwanted files.

ALL HELP is so appreciated.

PMB

Sep 20, 2021, 3:39:57 AM9/20/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Chris,

I suspect this may be just a problem with the displayed number of files/tracks on the B2.

Have you looked at the music on the B2 to see if there are duplicates?

Run Scan Disk and then check the Stats again.

How many Files (Tracks and Album Arts) and Folders (Artists + Albums) are reported on the MAC?

Paul
Brennan Support.

Peter Lowham

Sep 20, 2021, 6:48:35 AM9/20/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Chris,

One possibility is that there are hidden files on the Mac which you cannot see directly.  These hidden files are created by the Mac if changes are made to the original file and have a name beginning '._' (without the quotes).  The '._' prefix tells the Mac not to display the filename.  These files should be deleted from the B2 if they are present.  If you look at your music files through the WebUI you should be able to see them if they are there.

There is a function in the B2, found at 'Settings' --> 'Maintenance' --> 'Cleanup' which searches for and deletes any of these '._' files.

Regards,
Peter.