Bluetooth--long range.

john kenna

Apr 9, 2022, 5:50:45 AM4/9/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi been offered a long range bluetooth adaptor with chipset--"CSR8510 chipset is a Bluetooth v4. 0 single-chip" but before I accept do you know if this works with a Brennan B2?
Thanks, take care
John k.

Daniel Taylor

Apr 9, 2022, 6:11:13 AM4/9/22
to Brennan Forum
How will this adaptor be connected to the B2?  If it plugs in directly to a USB port, it must have a compatible chipset:  either RT5370 (or RT5572 for dual-band).  If it connects via the Line Output as a stand-alone device, then it should work okay.

JFBUK

Apr 9, 2022, 6:16:32 AM4/9/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi John K,

a review of the item at this link indicates that this chipset will work with a B2 but the proof will only be when you try the particular model you have been offered

John

Daniel Taylor

Apr 9, 2022, 6:31:39 AM4/9/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi John,
The description at that link says "For Linux, use Bluez which works great, our Pi tutorial will be similar to your favourite distro."  If Bluez is software that must be installed on the Raspberry Pi, that is something that most B2 users will not want to deal with.  I get the impression that that is something for the R.Pi do-it-yourself-er.

JFBUK

Apr 9, 2022, 6:37:01 AM4/9/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Daniel,

scroll down to the reviews

Screenshot 2022-04-09 113608.jpg

Daniel Taylor

Apr 9, 2022, 6:49:38 AM4/9/22
to Brennan Forum
Ha!  I did not expect that.  Good find.

john kenna

Apr 10, 2022, 2:22:09 PM4/10/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks for all your help, will try the dongle and report.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted