Latest Experimental B2B Mar 02 2022 is available

Peter Lowham

Mar 2, 2022, 12:24:26 PM3/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

The B2B Experimental release is now B2B Mar 02 2022 and is available on the link below.  Go to the Experimental section near the bottom of the page.

https://www.brennan.co.uk/itemcontent.php/content/latestSoftware

I have just upgraded one of my B2s to this release, so I will do some general testing now.

@Paul, I think that there is a problem with the 'Web Upgrade' link for the 'B2B' released version as I am getting a 'Download failed' error message.

Regards,
Peter.

lesliebr...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2022, 2:19:03 PM3/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter, just tried updating to the new software. Says "Loading" followed by "Rebooting" with "software upgraded" below. When I check the "Settings & Status " using the Original UI it still shows  B2B Oct 22 2021. Tried updating 3 times. Same result. Not getting a " Download failed" error message.

lesliebr...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2022, 2:30:47 PM3/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Peter, just read the info again. Is it still a USB download upgrade, and not yet a Web upgrade?

Leslie.

Peter Lowham

Mar 2, 2022, 3:10:48 PM3/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Leslie,

Yes, this version is still experimental so is only avaiable as an 'SW Upgrade' via a USB stick.

Regards,
Peter..

lesliebr...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2022, 3:41:51 PM3/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter. I sort of sussed that after realising I hadn't properly read your post. Thought the new software had been made available via the Web upgrade. No worries. Note to self - read the post properly before jumping to conclusions. The back of my B2 is awkward to get at so I'll wait till the upgrade is available vis the Web update. Thanks for the confirmation.

Cheers,

Leslie.

Peter Lowham

Mar 2, 2022, 4:20:19 PM3/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Leslie,

No problem, I also thought initially that the new software was released, and tried the 'Web Upgrade path, only to find that was not the case!

Regards,
Peter.

Daniel Taylor

Mar 2, 2022, 4:28:38 PM3/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Having the experimental software be available in a different place and having to use the USB SW Upgrade method is a relatively new thing.  This way, those who do not want to deal with experimental and who want to wait for an official, well tested release can just stick with the link in the usual place.  I think this is a better situation, because this way people won't be loading experimental software by accident, and only if they are really interested in doing so.  Bravo to Brennan for the improvement.

PMB

Mar 3, 2022, 5:41:11 AM3/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter,

I have just tried the 'this file' link in the B2B section and it downloaded OK. So did the Experimental link.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Peter Lowham

Mar 3, 2022, 6:27:24 AM3/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul,

It was the 'over the air' Web Upgrade for the B2B that was failing.  I cannot retest today as both B2s are running Export and Import processes and are 8 hour runs.

I'll try again tonight once the B2s are available.

Regards,
Peter

Peter Lowham

Mar 3, 2022, 12:33:44 PM3/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul,

I have run 'Web Upgrade' again today on the B2 and it is working again.  I don't know what changed but it's all good again!

Regards,
Peter.

John Grimoldy

Mar 3, 2022, 1:34:49 PM3/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter,

Thanks for this.  Any release notes related to this to set expectations of what's been fixed/not or features added/removed?

Thanks!
-jg

PMB

Mar 4, 2022, 5:15:02 AM3/4/22
to Brennan Forum
 Hi jg...,

The Web Upgrade is still at Oct 22 2021. The experimental version has to be loaded using a USB stick and is dated B2B Mar 02 2022.

I understand that a general release is due soon - please check our Latest Software page for any updates.

Paul
Brennan Support.