Random play with playlists

John Alexander

Oct 7, 2021, 12:32:54 PM10/7/21
to Brennan Forum
If I am playing a playlist in random order I have noticed that if I turn the B2 off and on again the playlist plays in sequential order. Is there a way to maintain it as random when switching off?

TIA

John

Daniel Taylor

Oct 7, 2021, 1:28:36 PM10/7/21
to Brennan Forum
I was surprised to read that the Random setting does not carry through a power cycle.

John Alexander

Oct 7, 2021, 1:39:40 PM10/7/21
to Brennan Forum
I was surprised too. Having said that, my experience with my B2 has taught me to "expect the unexpected"

John

PMB

Oct 8, 2021, 4:00:25 AM10/8/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi John,

The Random setting has never been retained after a power cycle - it has always been like that - not sure why but would think there was a good logical reason (originally).

I've added the option to the Wish List.

Paul
Brennan Support.

John Alexander

Oct 8, 2021, 4:03:54 AM10/8/21
to Brennan Forum
Thank you Paul. With regard to the request on the wish list maybe it should be that users have the option to either retain random mode after a power cycle or have it as it is now?

John