B2 as NAS for SONOS

Steve Buhler

Apr 7, 2020, 1:06:44 PM4/7/20
to Brennan Forum
Has anyone successfully used the ethernet connection on the B2 to connect directly to a SONOS AMP so that the B2 can be used as a NAS by the SONOS?

Thanks and Cheers,
SB

Daniel Taylor

Apr 7, 2020, 2:09:31 PM4/7/20
to Brennan Forum
Hmmm... that's an interesting question.  I'm not sure it will work that way, but I'd be glad to hear otherwise.  I hope somebody knows for sure.

Peter Lowham

Apr 7, 2020, 3:29:40 PM4/7/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Steve,

Sonos uses the 'SMB1.0' protocol to talk to other devices.   If you enable the 'NAS' feature on the B2 (this uses SMB1.0), then the B2 is ready to go and it's just a matter of enabling the other involved devices to use SMB1.0.

Regards,
Peter.

PMB

Apr 8, 2020, 3:24:07 AM4/8/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Steve,

The B2 cannot be directly connected to Sonos via an Ethernet cable. Both the B2 and the Sonos have to be connected to your WiFi network to work.

You may be able to connect both the B2 and Sonos to the router via Ethernet cables but it's not something i have tried.

Paul
Brennan Support.