Latest Experimental B2B Feb 18 2022 is available

Peter Lowham

Feb 22, 2022, 5:00:56 AM2/22/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

The B2B Experimental release is now B2B Feb 18 2022 and is available on the link below.  Go to the Experimental section near the bottom of the page.

https://www.brennan.co.uk/itemcontent.php/content/latestSoftware

I don't know what changes have been made, but I have loaded it onto one of my B2s and am playing with it now.

Regards,
Peter.

PMB

Feb 22, 2022, 6:51:21 AM2/22/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter,

I know Martin is doing some work on the software and these updates may just be for the developers to work with. I'll try to find out.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Peter Lowham

Feb 22, 2022, 7:05:56 AM2/22/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the update.  It's working fine on one of my B2s and I'll report back if there is anything of note.

Regards,
Peter.

PMB

Feb 23, 2022, 5:16:05 AM2/23/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

I spoke to Martin and he says he updates it for development purposes but would like feedback if anyone wants to try it. It has to be loaded using a USB memory stick and SW Upgrade (Maintenance menu) and can be overwritten with a Web Upgrade, if necessary.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Jeff. M.

Feb 23, 2022, 6:07:35 AM2/23/22
to Brennan Forum
Is there a changelog?

PMB

Feb 23, 2022, 6:14:37 AM2/23/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jeff.m,

Not until is is officially released. I think Martin is more interested in any issues rather than testing new features.

I know he increased the memory allocation for Track names as one or two owners reported a problem after 100,000+ tracks and some changes to the Sonos software.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Jeff. M.

Feb 23, 2022, 6:41:15 AM2/23/22
to Brennan Forum
OK thanks,

john.h...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2022, 4:35:37 AM2/24/22
to Brennan Forum
Had a couple of issues with latest version

Kept disconnecting from web UI and app ( unit is ethernet connected)

Also had to rescan disc after one reboot as all showed zero

results also showed a cd directory  in artists at the top after scan disk.

Have reflashed a new card and reverted to previous version for now

John

Peter Lowham

Feb 24, 2022, 5:41:06 AM2/24/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi John,

The artist folder '.CD' is created by the B2 if you play a CD directly to Sonos speakers.  This feature was introduced in July 2021.  It is only a transient folder so you can delete it manually.

I've been using this software quite heavily for a few days now and have not had any WebUI disconnects so far, but I'll keep an eye on it.

Regards,
Peter.

john.h...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2022, 6:12:02 AM2/24/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Peter

I'm still having the disconnects despite reverting

Seems to have started since I transferred some flac files ripped on another device via Nas last night then did a scan disc

I'm going to delete the 3 albums and retest

John

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2022, 6:37:18 AM2/24/22
to Brennan Forum
The content ON the HDD is very unlikely to be able to cause any disconnect!!
If I were you I would look elsewhere!

Fred