Transferring from a B2 to a JB7

COLIN HAWES

Feb 19, 2022, 3:00:39 PM2/19/22
to Brennan Forum
I am looking to buy a Brennan B2. Is it possible to transfer the music saved on the JB7's hard drive to the B2 using a USB lead?

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2022, 3:24:12 PM2/19/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

It is possible to transfer the music files from a JB7 to a B2. There are B2 functions to facilitate this. However NOT by a USB lead.
You need to use a USB disk device as the intermediary. This should be formatted in/by the B2 first.

Fred

Daniel Taylor

Feb 19, 2022, 3:25:52 PM2/19/22
to Brennan Forum
You cannot transfer directly from unit to unit via USB.  You run a Backup on the JB7 to a FAT32 formatted USB disk.  Then you do a Restore from the USB disk to the B2.

Daniel Taylor

Feb 19, 2022, 3:26:47 PM2/19/22
to Brennan Forum
This forum has built-in redundancies, to make sure no stone is unturned.

Peter Lowham

Feb 19, 2022, 4:00:07 PM2/19/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Colin,

Here are a couple of figures with regard to transfer times to and from a USB device.

The JB7 will transfer data to the USB device at a rate of 1.5GB per hour so if your music collection is 200GB (as an example) then your JB7 will back up to USB in 133 hours or about 5.5 days.

The B2 will restore this 200GB collection at a rate of about 25GB per hour which is about 8 hours.

I have run many transfers to and from JB7s and B2s, so I can say that the transfer process is very reliable.  The transfer from the JB7 is very slow so it is useful to prepare for that.

Regards,
Peter.