Question regarding 480G or 512G capacity

Trevor Bracken

May 16, 2020, 4:56:01 AM5/16/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi I've just received my B2 this week.  I ordered a 480G model.  It states that this is the SSD model on the website.

The box it came in has a 480G barcode and sticker on the side but the onscreen display lists the device as a 512G and the info lists the capacity as 512G.

So do I have an SSD inside or not (without opening up the device) or is this a 512GB SSD and I should be pleased with extra storage?

Very happy with my purchase, just wondering why I have a discrepancy in storage figures.

Thanks

Trevor

Daniel Taylor

May 16, 2020, 7:07:04 AM5/16/20
to Brennan Forum
I don't know the answer.  But check the stats under settings in the WebUI.  That's more likely to be correct.  If that still says you have 512GB available, you may really have received the HDD version.

Hopefully, somebody can give you a better answer.

Peter Lowham

May 16, 2020, 7:28:40 AM5/16/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Trevor,

It's likely that you do have 512GB.  The probability is that the Brennan factory may have experienced a shortage of 480GB SSDs during the production phase and then substituted the next available SSD size, which was 512GB, in order to keep production rolling.

This is not a new occurence.  Back in 2016 I ordered a 500GB B2 (this was an HDD model then).  What was delivered to me was a 1TB model at no extra charge, so that was a nice benefit to me.

So good luck with your B2!  It is a great device with many capabilities, depending on what you want to do with your music.  I also purchase a BB1 about 8 months ago and this is another winner!

Regards,
Peter.

PMB

May 18, 2020, 3:32:37 AM5/18/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Trevor,

We have been fitting 512GB SSDs due to a shortage of 480GB SSDs - caused by Coronavrius.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Trevor Bracken

May 18, 2020, 7:45:34 AM5/18/20