Philips Streamium

Roger Lightup

Dec 17, 2021, 10:58:29 AM12/17/21
to Brennan Forum
I have a Philips Streamium which people may remember was a forerunner of Sonos in many ways. So I've got loads of music on the hard drive and my question is will I be able to transfer this to the Brennan using line-in or usb? Would appreciate any help before I decide to buy myself a B2

Thanks

Roger

JFBUK

Dec 17, 2021, 11:36:36 AM12/17/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Roger,

if you can copy the files to a USB drive from your Streamium then you could load the files onto a B2 from the USB drive.

This assumes that the Streamium music files are in one of the following formats - WAV, FLAC, MP3 or M4A/ALAC (Apple) files.

If they are a different format then you would need to convert them on a computer as an intermediate step.

The USB drive would need to be formatted as FAT32 (best done on the B2) so that the B2 can read it OK.

The B2 expects the music files to be organized  in a folder structure on the USB drive so that it can store them correctly

ARTIST\ALBUM\TRACKS

The B2 will record via Line in but you would have to edit the recordings to split into tracks and add names so not the recommended route.

I don't know how much storage your Streamium has but be wary of buying  cheap USB pen/stick drives offering over 256Gb storage.

There are a lot of fakes about claiming high capacity that just do not work.

Hope this helps

John