Bb1 random play and scan disk

Steve Ellis

Aug 10, 2020, 1:40:54 PM8/10/20
to Brennan Forum
Hope these topics haven't previously been discussed or worse, resolved via the forum. This is my first submission.

Can you play all your music on the portable hdd via the bb1 in random play without having to import the music to the bb1. In other words directly from the hdd.

Also whenever I press scan disk on the bb1 the screen immediately shows a return to the maintenance screen. I haven't got any music imported to the bb1 so that might be the answer to my question.

Norm Glennard

Aug 10, 2020, 2:39:41 PM8/10/20
to Brennan Forum
I think you’ve answered your last question Steve.
Scan rebuilds the music index and you don’t have one.

You can play music on BB1 direct from a mini hard drive.

Norm

PMB

Aug 11, 2020, 4:29:55 AM8/11/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Steve,

The BB1 plays the music on the external HDD in the order they appear on the HDD.

Scan Disk updates the BB1's internal database which it uses to locate and play music - if there is no music stored on the BB1, Scan Disk will have nothing to process so will be quick.

Paul
Brennan Support.