Changing Presets on BB1

Racingmacat

Aug 15, 2020, 4:53:54 AM8/15/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi, this is my first post on this forum & I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

I guess I'm doing something wrong but it could be an unintended issue resulting from the recent enhancements to the WI designed for the benefit of BB2 users.

I keep trying to change the Radio Presets via the WI and although it looks as though the change has been done, it isn't getting through to the BB1.

It is a brand new BB1 and I am trying to set it up for the first time.
Internet connection is strong & loading music via the WI is working well.
The BB1 USB is a bit "iffy" but I've found that to be the case on the JB7 and BB2 too
I'm running software v BB1 21 Jul 2020

Thanks

PMB

Aug 15, 2020, 6:50:04 AM8/15/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Racingmacat,

FYI when using the web UI preset 0 = button 1 on the BB1, preset 1 = button 2 and preset 2 = button 3.

If you use the web UI > vTuner - to find stations, click the play symbol to the left of the search result to check the station plays and then click the three dots to the right to add to Presets.

The BB1 does a 'save' settings during the power down sequence so you do need to power the BB1 off by pressing POWER twice - two short presses, not a press and hold.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Racingmacat

Aug 15, 2020, 7:03:48 AM8/15/20
to Brennan Forum
thank you very much Paul,
I understand.

Changing the presets works fine now that I know that the power down sequence you described, saves the changes to the BB1.

Your help & quick response is  very much appreciated.

Paul Harwood

Apr 24, 2021, 1:12:26 PM4/24/21
to Brennan Forum
A slightly different angle...

I would like to assign Five Live to one of the three buttons, and I understand that in theory I could search and assign as outlined above.
But... I does not 'find' the station, presumably because it is already assigned to a preset, ergo, I cannot re-assign.
So, how does one re-order those which appear in the list? Clicking and moving is not a problem, but I cannot get the station to settle anywhere.
If there is not a solution, there should be. It cannot be so difficult to program into the system.

Paul Harwood

Apr 24, 2021, 1:20:00 PM4/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Just in case anybody is having the same problem, I have found a solution.
It's a simple work around, but should not require experimentation.
In the pre-set list R5L is listed as 'BBC Five Live' - which was how I was searching. However after searching for 'Radio 5', 'BBC Radio 5 Live' is revealed, and thus can be reassigned.
So the same station is listed  (t least) twice!

PMB

Apr 26, 2021, 7:58:05 AM4/26/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul,

In March the BBC decided to change the way they broadcast internet radio - they want everyone to move towards using 'BBC Sounds' and have changed the URLs (internet addresses) for their stations. This is probably why Radio 6 stopped playing.

Paul
Brennan Support.