Enlarging Cover Art Images

Richard Ashe

Jan 22, 2021, 12:36:52 PM1/22/21
to Brennan Forum
This is one for the web UI wish list! Having migrated my CDs from my JB7 to the B2, I am retrospectively adding the cover art images. Being an old git, I find it hard to make out the images found when searching musicbrainz and I don’t have the original CDs easily to hand (and there are 2800 of them). Currently I am having to google the details to find a larger version for comparison which is somewhat time consuming to say the least. Would it be possible for an enlarged version of the image to temporarily pop up when you hover the mouse over? Pretty please.....
Thanks,
Richard A

PMB

Jan 24, 2021, 6:56:04 AM1/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Richard A,

There is a 'Big Picture' option in the Settings menu on the web UI.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Richard Ashe

Jan 24, 2021, 7:11:42 AM1/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul,
Thanks but that only enlarges the display of existing cover art. It doesn't enlarge the results when searching amazon or musicbrainz.
Richard A.

AndyC

Jan 25, 2021, 5:40:31 AM1/25/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul,

I checked out the 'Big Picture' option and found that it enlarged the cover art OK but it removed the play, volume, track details etc. info. I couldn't find a way to see both so I turned off 'Big Picture'

Now, when I do a search I get double the results!! I get the correct answers plus additional results featuring an orange coloured logo - be it the artist's 'head & shoulders', albums 'disc' etc. These orange options display similar results when clicked on (but often in random order) but with the 3 dots on the right hand side missing.

I can't turn these off. How do you do it please? (I am using the 2nd Nov 2020 software to avoid the HDD non-start up issue.)

AndyC

Jan 25, 2021, 5:56:57 AM1/25/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul,

Further update - just did Scan Disk and the little orange logos have now disappeared! What were they?

Daniel Taylor

Jan 25, 2021, 10:26:46 AM1/25/21
to Brennan Forum
Those orange icons may have indicated artists or albums that were on a connected USB disk.

AndyC

Jan 25, 2021, 3:50:09 PM1/25/21
to Brennan Forum
Yes, of course, a backup was plugged in at the time. Thanks, Daniel.

It's at times like these that a bit more documentation would be helpful sometimes.