CD stuck followup

Erik Beljan

Mar 19, 2022, 5:48:13 AM3/19/22
to Brennan Forum
I’ve been unsuccessful in getting the Beatles CD out of this unit and emailed support.

I’m not sure these types of issues are 100% related to the CD drive if anyone writes firmware updates for the unit itself or the drive it uses. While in the process of rIpping and before this happened I had maybe 10 CDs the until simply would not read which are known to work, have been ripped and backed up before, didn’t have any video tracks etc. My wife had an idea to try doing a 1 to 1 physical copy using an Alesis CD twin CD duplicator that I have. The duplicates it produces are like flawless one to one copies because I’ve used it to back up software before which required specific parameters. Interestingly the unit also doesn’t recognize the duplicate in those cases either. I’d say it’s an authoring issue but if other CD drives have no issues with them it would suggest something in The drive firmware. I’ve also learned the drive did not like CDs with the aluminum layer printed all the way up to the center hole (a lot of original Moody Blues releases were done that way) and it rejected a bunch of those but the copies of them ripped fine off CDRs which don’t use aluminum to the center.

Stuck CDs I’m at a loss because they seemed like very ordinary off the shelf releases that got stuck in this and the previous refurb that had tons of issues.

PMB

Mar 21, 2022, 3:41:51 AM3/21/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi YRL...,