B2 Random playback randomly stops playback

Rusty Austin

Jun 5, 2021, 5:55:31 PM6/5/21
to Brennan Forum
Our new B2 (May 2021) had a problem with randomly stopping playback and going into standby when in random/shuffle/all play mode. My wife did a scan disk and downloaded the latest software, so far it’s working. Fingers crossed. I’m thinking it may be because we are still ripping our cds. I wanted to chuck them after we put them all on iPods but my wife convinced me not too, as it turns out, she was absolutely right. I’m still a big B2 fan, we have it plugged into our stereo amp so I haven’t tested the internal amp. Really 90% of what we do is listen to shuffle/random playback. The next test is to figure out how to get all our online purchases into the B2.

PMB

Jun 7, 2021, 11:38:45 AM6/7/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Rusty,

The B2 generates an internal database, called b2db, which it uses to locate and play your music. Any playback problem is usually associated with b2db getting out of sync with the contents of the HDD. Running Scan Disk rebuilds the b2db database which is probably why it fixed your issue.

Paul
Brennan Support.