Artist and correct Album title problem

lewis radin

Jun 4, 2021, 7:17:14 AM6/4/21
to Brennan Forum
When I prepare  rip certain commercially made albums, not CD-R's  the correct title and artist does not appear.Instead an incorrect artist and title appears and/or Album followed by a number i.e. Album 157.This happens with some frequency.Any possible solutions rather than inputting the information manually? Thanks

JFBUK

Jun 4, 2021, 7:30:18 AM6/4/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Lewis,

it seems your album(s) are not finding a correct match in the database that the Brennan searches.
If you have a PC or Apple device with a CD drive you could rip the CD there and then upload to the Brennan.
Some of the available ripping software can find a correct match when the Brennan can't.
I personally always rip on my PC before uploading because  I have more control over track naming.
If this is an option for you then one of us on here can give further advice if you need it.

John

PMB

Jun 7, 2021, 11:11:25 AM6/7/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Lewis,

Sometimes more than one title will be found for a CD and the first one show may not be the correct one. After inserting a CD and CDDB lookup, try turning the front control to if any other titles are offered.

Downloading 'mydb' - Maintenance menu >> Get mydb - may help.

Paul
Brennan Support.