New user - struggling to select different albums

Trevor Phillips

Apr 6, 2022, 8:55:44 AM4/6/22
to Brennan Forum
I have just bought the B2. Ripped all my CDs and am having issues selecting albums  and individual tracks to play. On the web UI if i click on an album on the main list (centre list) I see the album cover top right of the UI but not always on the left column, meaning I am unable to select a specific track. Also, when the album does appear with track list on right side, when I click on a specific track I get the pop-up asking if I want to rename the track.

Also, sometimes when I select an album a different album appears on left side of UI

I have already upgraded software & scanned disk as suggested in troubleshooting.

I am connected to a 2.5Gwifi not 5G

Any advice would be most welcome because currently I am not seeing the benefit to this!

thanks in advance
Trevor

fred.w....@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2022, 9:19:17 AM4/6/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Trevor,

If you can work your way through this long Thread, I have described how the Web UI works

I think it will help.

Fred

fred.w....@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2022, 9:20:34 AM4/6/22
to Brennan Forum
oops
Sorry link seems bad,

try this one

Peter Lowham

Apr 6, 2022, 10:00:41 AM4/6/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Trevor,

It's very simple once you get the hang of it.

There are three different actions available, and each action depends on whereabouts in the highlighted bar you click.

If you click on the three dots on the right hand side (...) you will be presented with 'Delete', 'Add to Playlist' and 'Rename'.  I call this 'Edit  mode'

If you click anywhere in the centre of the highlighted bar, then that artist or album or track will be opened up in the right hand windows, but nothing will be played.  This is what I call 'Browse mode'

Then if you click on the arrow on the left side of the highlighted bar then that artist, album or track will play, This is 'Play mode'.

Then once you have got your selected music playing, you can go back into 'Browse mode and view other artists, albums or tracks and this is not interfere with the music that is currently being played.  Until you go into 'Play mode' by clicking on the left side of the highlighted bar again.

Regards,
Peter.

Trevor Phillips

Apr 7, 2022, 6:11:57 AM4/7/22
to Brennan Forum
Thank You Fred and Peter for responding and giving me the answers I needed although I feel daft now! It all makes sense to me thanks to your guidance!

Trevor