Amazon Music transfer to Brennan B2

lee3...@btinternet.com

Oct 18, 2021, 12:13:00 PM10/18/21
to Brennan Forum
I've managed to transfer from a Mac to Brennan B2 in the past but can't remember what I need to do to accomplish it.  Perhaps it is no longer possible.  Any advice gratefully received.
Thanks
Lee

JFBUK

Oct 18, 2021, 2:51:04 PM10/18/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Lee,

Your post title says Amazon Music so can you clarify what you are trying to transfer ?

John

Daniel Taylor

Oct 18, 2021, 3:00:24 PM10/18/21
to Brennan Forum
Regardless of where your music comes from, it must satisfy the following requirements:

Be free of DRM.
Be one of these music formats:  WAV, FLAC, MP3, AAC (and I read recently that ALAC is okay too)
Be organized with a folder and file structure where a folder named for the Artist, contains folders named for the Albums, which each contain the track files for their respective albums.  These folders may be contained in a folder named "music."
music\Artis\Album\tracks

Then you can use one of the followinging methods for the file transfer:  Import via USB (formatted as FAT32); Upload via WebUI; direct copy via NAS followed by Scan Disk.

If you require further clarification on any of that, just ask.

PMB

Oct 19, 2021, 8:34:57 AM10/19/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi lee3...,

If the music is stored in iTunes you can copy the iTunes library to an external USB drive and import that to the B2. There is plenty of info online on how to do this.

Paul
Brennan Support.

lee3...@btinternet.com

Oct 19, 2021, 5:29:50 PM10/19/21
to Brennan Forum
Apologies for the delay in responding to queries.  First of all I wish to copy an album I've purchased in Amazon Music onto my Brennan B2.  I think it used to be possible to export from Amazon Music to iTunes but this no longer seems to be the case unless using third party software.  I have no experience of this so if anyone has any advice on that I would be grateful (and just to reiterate that I'm a Mac user).

Daniel Taylor

Oct 19, 2021, 7:51:39 PM10/19/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Lee,
I take it that the album you bought on Amazon Music still resides in your Amazon music library.  The first thing you need to do is download it onto your computer.  It's probably already in the MP3 format, so nothing to change there.  Then you have to arrange it as Artist\Album\tracks before transferring it to the B2.

JFBUK

Oct 20, 2021, 7:02:15 AM10/20/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Lee,

If it’s only one album then once you have downloaded it I would use the album upload functionality in the WebUI. You just have to type in the name of the album and artist and then select the track files from your downloads.

John

Daniel Taylor

Oct 20, 2021, 7:36:42 AM10/20/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks, John.  I didn't realize it was that easy.