Using optical and analogue outputs together?

Bj.ma...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2018, 1:27:51 PM6/21/18
to Brennan Forum
ISince the output of the B2 features both a wired analog signal and an optical digital one I was wondering if there was any way to use both simultaneously.  What I am thinking is perhaps an adapter that might allow the optical signal to pass straight through whilst enabling tapping into the analogue signal.

I have a collection of vinyl albums which I would ultimately like to transfer to the B2. My turntable is connected to a high quality analog amplifier so I would like to feed the B2 input with an output from the amp.   I also have a fully digital cinema sound system where I currently feel the optical output directly into the amplifier.

I realise I can swap the leads over between the B2 and the 2 amplifiers when recording or playing back but as one is analog and the other digital I was just wondering if I could connect both at the same time.

Any thoughts anyone?

PMB

Jun 22, 2018, 5:20:40 AM6/22/18
to Brennan Forum
Hi BJ,

I haven't seen an optical - analogue splitter but would something like this be useful, it appears you'll get a line out and an optical follow through. I'm sure there are others out there, just wanted to show you an example. I have also seen optical switchers.

Paul
Brennan Support.