MP3 background compression lost?

nicbw...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2020, 7:02:07 AM8/16/20
to Brennan Forum
Hello,

A couple of weeks ago I set my B2 compression to FLAC and MP3 as my computer and phone don't use FLAC. I have just over 14000 tracks uploaded and converted to FLAC. Yesterday afternoon I had roughly 2500 converted to MP3, when I returned this morning my B2 was showing itself converting 50 of 14000?

Is all of the previous progress lost?

Is it usual for the B2 to cease being a NAS for Sonos while converting tracks? (My B2 is also no longer visible from my Mac).

Regards,  Nic.

Brian R

Aug 16, 2020, 7:30:14 AM8/16/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Nic

Don't put too much faith in the mp3 progress figures .they can be a bit flaky. Mine varied considerably at some times but it all converted eventually. NAS is blocked while compressing as is the WUI.

Brian

nicbw...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2020, 7:32:40 AM8/16/20
to Brennan Forum
Hello,

Thank you for your help. That is good news, I will sit back and let it continue working through.

Regards.  Nic.

PMB

Aug 17, 2020, 7:46:37 AM8/17/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Nic,

Have you done a Web Upgrade recently - the progress monitor was improved on a later software version?

Paul
Brennan Support.

nicbw...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2020, 3:48:59 PM8/17/20