Universal Remote

happymedium27

May 24, 2021, 7:18:06 PM5/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Is it possible to program a universal remote to function as the B2 remote? My Outlaw Receiver came with a remote that allows for four more components to be programmed to it. Just wondering if the B2 remote has a 4-digit infrared code you can share?

fred.w....@gmail.com

May 24, 2021, 8:10:47 PM5/24/21
to Brennan Forum
I have not done this, but I can not see why not.
I do not think that there is a "preset" for a B2 remote that you could apply, but It must be possible to capture the IR "signal" for each B2 remote key individually.

Fred

Warren Knauer

May 25, 2021, 4:01:41 PM5/25/21
to Brennan Forum
I understand your request but wanted to chime in with the point that Logitech remote controls have MANY device profiles available to be loaded to their no-longer-built remotes.  I have tailored mine so I can't be sure which "buttons" are provided by default for the B2 and which I added, if any.
Here's a photo of the soft-button screen portion of my Harmony One when using my Brennan activity (as Logitech calls it).  There are numerous hard-buttons and several such as [Stop] with the solid square block are active for the B2.
IMG_6784.jpeg
They might well also have an Outlaw receiver device defined, would definitely not surprise me

--BTW-- How do you like your receiver--coincidentally I am shopping old school 2-channel stuff and had taken note of it recently...

Search for "Logitech" or "Harmony" in this forum to see my prior posts on this which I think included their site for grabbing device definitions.

Daniel Taylor

May 25, 2021, 4:42:39 PM5/25/21
to Brennan Forum
Does Logitech/Harmony have the codes listed for the B2 or does the remote have to learn them directly from the B2's remote?