iPhone connect

craig c

Jan 27, 2021, 9:22:02 AM1/27/21
to Brennan Forum
Hello. Can I listen to the b2 through my iPhone? I use a Sonos play so it seems like it should work. Phone is a bit old ((iPhone SE). Thanks

Rik

Jan 27, 2021, 3:20:18 PM1/27/21
to Brennan Forum
You can listen on your phone via your WiFi network. I don’t see why the Brennan mobile apps wouldn’t work on an older iPhone but if not use the web Ui.

craig c

Jan 27, 2021, 3:44:08 PM1/27/21
to Brennan Forum
I use the app to control the b2 but don’t see where I can choose my phone as listening device

Rik

Jan 27, 2021, 3:51:55 PM1/27/21
to Brennan Forum
Oh, sorry, Im with you. I misunderstood,

fred.w....@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2021, 8:37:29 PM1/27/21
to Brennan Forum
I think that this is possible, Look at this link on the forum (the last 2 entries from gps...@gmail.com).
Fred

fred.w....@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2021, 8:40:01 PM1/27/21
to Brennan Forum

Graham Smout

Jan 28, 2021, 3:49:49 AM1/28/21
to Brennan Forum
IMG_3050.PNGHi Craig
Yes you can easily listen to the B2 via NAS on any smart phone or tablet. Install the VLC Media player, which is the app featured  on the left,  it works on all early Apple devices with the older iOS which y I will have on the iPhone SE.
It's recently been updated to scan networks better and supports the latest NAS Samba protocol too.

If you're running an apple device with the more  recent iOS  - 11.2 or above, then you can download the VLC media media streamer on the  right which offers a very similar browsing and user experience to the B2's own Apple app.
Both apps allow you to cast the stream to a smart device such as a Smart TV , Chromecast, Amazon Firestick and a lot of other devices. I've not yet tried it with Sonos but I will do as soon as I acquire one.
Good luck and happy listening