Software Update for B2

Michael Osborne

Jul 24, 2021, 4:34:11 PM7/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Good evening

I have just returned home after a stay in hospital.
Would you be able to advise me what the latest software update is and how to update if necessary

Thanks

Mike Osborne

Daniel Taylor

Jul 24, 2021, 5:08:19 PM7/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Here's a link to the Brennan website page where they describe the releases.  Latest Software
You can download the latest version for use with the SW Upgrade command (Maintenance menu).
Or, most people just use the Web Upgrade command (Settings menu) to load it over the internet.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2021, 8:14:49 PM7/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mike

One other thing, Which version of the B2 software are you on? to get this click on the info button on your remote twice and look at the B2's front screen ot from the Web UI click on the "cog" Icon.#
a.jpg
Information as to the latest version of the B2's software is found on the Brennan Web site here

a.jpg
NOTE there are 2 version of the latest software - one starts "B2B" and the other just "B2".  The "B2" is the original while the "B2B" version has enhanced Bluetooth support. If you have "B2" you can not web upgrade to "B2B" version, you need a new
SD Card (either purchased form Brennan here for about £10) or you can write one yourself following these instructions. When ordering a new SD Card, Brennan will need to know if your SD Card sticks out of the right side of your B2 unit (if it does not then it is a newer model where the SD Card is a micro SD Card and is accessed by removing the back of the B2).

Hope this helps

Fred

PMB

Jul 26, 2021, 4:39:38 AM7/26/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mike,

I would hold off doing a Web Upgrade until we have sorted a couple of issues. Please check our Latest Software page - link - for an update dated after 20 July 2021.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Michael Osborne

Jul 26, 2021, 11:06:49 AM7/26/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi

Thanks for the update regarding the software updates.
I have the following version.

B2  Software Screenshot 2021-07-26 155243.png
it shows that the version I have was last updated 12/5/21- so would it be best to update to the latest version or wait as PMB suggests?
Thanks for all your help with this. Regards  Mike

Daniel Taylor

Jul 26, 2021, 1:31:01 PM7/26/21
to Brennan Forum
As I recall (although foggy), May 12, 2021 was a pretty solid release.  (I'm still running the one from Jan, with no problems.)  I recommend you wait to update until we get the word that the release being worked on has all the quirks shaken out.

In general, unless you have a specific problem that a new release has addressed, or if there's a new feature that you particularly desire, there's no pressing need to update the software.  Often times, you'll encounter a new quirk that you didn't have before.

PMB

Jul 27, 2021, 3:48:12 AM7/27/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mike,

I've been running 20 Jul 2021 version for a few days now and have had no problems. So safe to upgrade - although there are no major changes except the 'Blacklist' playlist feature which provides a 'do not play list' for tracks you don't want to hear when playing in Random mode. Useful for Christmas music, for example.

Paul
Brennan Support.