Album art

Rik

Oct 29, 2020, 8:08:52 AM10/29/20
to Brennan Forum
I recently added art to an album and it appears on the at the bottom right next to the album title. It is the correct CD cover  - and a very attractive one.
At the top left corner where the track playing is named I’ve  just noticed  completely different album art. It shows one of the artists on my disc but has no relevance to that disc and I certainly didn’t  choose it. It’s also the one the mobile app has chosen which is irritating because so large.
I can’t see how to remove it.

Peter Lowham

Oct 29, 2020, 2:52:16 PM10/29/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Rik,

It sounds like the /Artist/Album folder might have two '.jpg' album image files in the folder.  One being the correct image and the other being a wrong image.

Do you have NAS running between the B2 and a PC or Mac?

Regards,
Peter.

Rik

Oct 29, 2020, 3:24:13 PM10/29/20
to Brennan Forum
Thanks for replying. I have got NAS set up and I’ll try to check this at the weekend.

Rik

Oct 30, 2020, 12:56:55 PM10/30/20
to Brennan Forum

I've just looked on my PC and in the folder (artist, Mikhaïl Pletnev) is just the correct image.  No sign of the other.
HOWEVER, I’ve now  looked again on the UI on my iPad and the correct cover is still at the bottom right but a  different wrong image has replaced the first one, top left.
The recoding is Argerich and Pletnev playing his transcriptions of Prokofiev's Cinderella. The first wrong image was of a youthful Argerich and today’s is a Pletnev album cover.. I this morning loaded on the B2 itself a disc of his playing Beethoven and this disc illustrates the same recording but is not the cover on my CD and I didn’t load cover art anyway!

Don’t trouble much about this. It’s such a minor thing and the music's the point.😀

Daniel Taylor

Oct 30, 2020, 1:50:26 PM10/30/20
to Brennan Forum
It occurs to me that this may be a problem with the cache not being refreshed for your browser.  Close the tab for the Web UI, clear the cache, and type the IP address into a fresh tab and see what happens then.

Rik

Oct 31, 2020, 3:51:42 AM10/31/20
to Brennan Forum
Thanks for reply. I've done that but the same rogue cover art is still displayed top left.

john Henrick

Oct 31, 2020, 3:53:56 AM10/31/20
to Brennan Forum
Try donwloading free mp3tag. Some art is embedded in the tracks this allows you to see this and replace it

Its very useful can also do mass changes to titles etc

John

Daniel Taylor

Oct 31, 2020, 9:43:46 AM10/31/20
to Brennan Forum
Any artwork that might be embedded in the tracks would not be seen by the B2.  The B2 is only looking for .jpg files in the same folder with the album tracks.

Rik

Oct 31, 2020, 10:42:08 AM10/31/20
to Brennan Forum
Thanks, John. I came to the desktop to do that but haven't in view of Daniel's comment underneath and also because the PC is not behaving and it's taken me a long time incl a restart to get into it. I'll bear it.in mind though

Rik

Oct 31, 2020, 10:43:59 AM10/31/20
to Brennan Forum
it's definitely only the correct image that is there but it isn't a problem. I just wondered.