FLAC to MP3 batch converter Win progs question

Max Rankin

Aug 8, 2020, 6:23:25 AM8/8/20
to Brennan Forum
I think I'm nearly done with this, but..Does anyone know whether any of the audio conversion apps for WIN 10 (including paid for ones) are capable of finding FLAC files in the B2 export folder structure on a USB stick without being pointed at them, and then automatically duplicating that directory structure as they ouput converted MP3s?

For example, it seems like FlacSquisher will batch convert all FLACs in an album folder - once you've specified where that is. It will then save them where you tell it - once you've created nested Artist and Album folders in the target for those MP3s. That's fine for doing a few CDs as you rip them, but I'd really rather not do that manually 700 times to create an MP3 collection where I can choose listen to tracks from one CD. My music collection has everything from solo classical violin to death metal, so random listening across 15,000 tracks isn't my preferred option...

If nothing can do that, is there a prog that will at least find all the FLACs in a B2 output directory structure? I could then convert one Playlist at a time so I'd have a USB stick witjh folders for eg Rock, Classical Vocal, etc.

Thanks, Max

Norm Glennard

Aug 8, 2020, 8:16:51 AM8/8/20
to Brennan Forum
DBPoweramp is the answer. Use the batch convert program, Set source to B2 parent folder and set destination wherever you want it.
It will put the mp3 files into the correct artist/album structure.
I did my entire collection of over 3,500 albums so that I could upload to the BB1.
Took about a day or less, can’t quite remember.
You can get a months free trial but I then bought it.

Norm

Max Rankin

Aug 8, 2020, 8:22:22 AM8/8/20
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Norm, that sounds like the answer. Max