Tracks have disappeared but USED size is correct

Joe Katz

Apr 2, 2021, 3:33:53 PM4/2/21
to Brennan Forum
I have (or had) 31,000+ tracks on my B2, taking up about 380GB. I ripped some CDs this morning with about 100 tracks total, and started to compress about an hour ago. I noticed that it was stuck on 0% at the outset, but figured it would start working soon.

When I checked on the progress, only READY was displayed, with the red light flashing. I tried pressing PLAY/SAVE to get to the SAVING screen, but nothing happened, so I turned the B2 off and let it rest a bit.

Upon turning it back on, here's what it says I have:

Brennan 4.2.JPG

Missing juuuuust a few tracks, eh? Also gone is the playlist I've been building. But the Used space is correct, so something's in there. Incidentally, the 10 albums it shows are actually just 4 .flac tracks, listed several times:

Brennan 4.2a.JPG

Thanks for your help.

Peter Lowham

Apr 2, 2021, 4:01:58 PM4/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Joe,

I would be inclined to run 'Scan Disk' which will rebuild the the B2's internal database.

Regards,
Peter.

Joe Katz

Apr 2, 2021, 4:22:23 PM4/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Peter --

I *knew* I forgot something! All is now right in the B2 world. Thanks very much.

Joe

Peter Lowham

Apr 2, 2021, 5:48:43 PM4/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Joe,

Good to know that you are back in the clear!  Have you done an 'Export' recently?  If not, please do!  Your music collection is very valuable.

Regards,
Peter.