NAS, B2 and Sonos

Don Lyon

Jul 14, 2020, 7:12:13 AM7/14/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi

After following all the good advice on this forum I finally succeeded in setting up the B2 as an NAS and getting the Sonos system to find it and play music from it. So that was brilliant. But now I am getting a problem that I realise that not all of my music is available. Seems fairly random but only certain of my albums are available to Sonos. I don't know if it is exhibiting its own musical bias but it seems that it likes Led Zeppelin and can access all of their albums. It's not so keen on Krautrock though and is blind to all of Can.

Can anybody tell me what is going on and how I might fix it?

I have tried scanning C on the B2 and then telling Sonos to refresh the index but no change.

Norm Glennard

Jul 14, 2020, 7:28:14 AM7/14/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Don

Sonos will only find albums with Tags if you are searching through album, artist etc.
Try looking in Folders for the missing albums

Norm

Norm Glennard

Jul 14, 2020, 7:56:43 AM7/14/20
to Brennan Forum
There are various apps you can find on the net which will add tags. Most offer a free trial or even a free limited use package i.e. only do 5 at a time. I haven’t used enough to decide what’s the best.
Dbpoweramp gives you a months free trial and I’d recommend ripping on a pc with it and then transferring to the B2
It seems pretty good at tagging.

Norm

PMB

Jul 15, 2020, 3:09:40 AM7/15/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Don,

Sonos is looking for Tags in order to display the music from the B2 and it's possible that not all of your music is tagged.

The B2 does have a 'Retag Album' function - Album menu - I suggest you identify an Album that is missing from Sonos and run 'Retag Album' on it > refresh the Sonos library and see if the Album is shown. This will let you know if it is a Tag issue.

PAul
Brennan Support.