BB1 Power Supply

etyp...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2021, 7:20:34 AM6/21/21
to Brennan Forum
I purchased one of the first 100 limited edition BB1's  which I have been very pleased with.  However battery life has never been good. I just looked at the Brennan website and see that the BB1 is supplied with an AC Adaptor supply through  the C connector. How can I get one or are there alternatives available as this would seem to be a great addition to my BB1.
Thanks
Dave

Daniel Taylor

Jun 21, 2021, 8:02:19 AM6/21/21
to Brennan Forum
My BB1 has a USB type-C cable for powering from a computer or an AC converter.  I can't remember for sure if it came with the unit, but I think it did.  Have another look in your box.

Peter Lowham

Jun 21, 2021, 1:33:18 PM6/21/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Dave,

I also bought one of first 100 BB1s and it came with a power supply.  It is a standard USB 5 volt supply as used in many mobile phones, but look at the current rating which should be 2 amps (or the unit might say 5 volts 10 watts which is the same thing).  Some USB power units are rated at 5 volts 1 amp (5 watts) and these are slightly underpowered for the BB1.

Regards,
Peter.

Daniel Taylor

Jun 21, 2021, 4:11:29 PM6/21/21
to Brennan Forum
If the USB power supply and cable currently come with the BB1 (and I cannot say for sure that they do), then if you send a message to the company here  thebrennanb2 @ gmail . com (no spaces)
they'll probably send it.

PMB

Jun 22, 2021, 2:36:15 AM6/22/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Dave,

Your BB1 should have come with a power adapter. As Peter says it is a standard 5V 2A USB charger type adapter, which you may already have from a mobile phone or other device. If not please email us on -   thebrennanb2   @   gmail   .   com   - no spaces.

Other owners on the Forum are using rechargeable Lithium batteries which they say last around 8 hours between charges. Power banks (the devices you use to charge your phone on the move) have also been mentioned.

Paul
Brennan Support

Peter Lowham

Jun 24, 2021, 7:07:50 AM6/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

Received this PM from Dave, so all's well that ends well!

Peter,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Have now found the cable and all is well.

Regards

Dave