Ruark Mr2 speakers with B2

Barry Collins

Jul 27, 2020, 8:47:37 AM7/27/20
to Brennan Forum
Is there any way to play B2 content through Ruark Mr2 Bluetooth speakers please?

I was hoping that my new B2 would not need wired speakers.

Any thoughts please for a dubious new owner

Peter Lowham

Jul 27, 2020, 9:06:12 AM7/27/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Barry,

The first point to establish is which version of software is your B2 running on? On the B2 remote, press the 'Info' button twice and look for 'Version .....' on the B2 display.

If you post that here, we can offer further advice.

Regards,
Peter.

Fred Hopper

Jul 27, 2020, 6:15:43 PM7/27/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Barry,

The answer to your question is yes, there is a way.

But this requires the latest version of the B2 operating system (which includes new features to get the best results from Bluetooth)

So the first step in helping you is to ask you to confirm to us which version your B2 is running which is why Peter is asking you to tell him this.

Barry Collins

Jul 28, 2020, 7:21:32 AM7/28/20
to Brennan Forum
Thank you folks for taking the time to help out.

Just finding the Info button has taken +++ time.....don’t ask

B2 is version 21st July 2020 as per Update after receiving unit

Peter Lowham

Jul 28, 2020, 7:40:07 AM7/28/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Barry,

Is the software version 'B2 Jul 21 2020' or 'B2B Jul 21 2020' ?  There is a big difference with regard to Bluetooth between these versions.

Regards,
Peter.

PMB

Jul 29, 2020, 2:54:30 AM7/29/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Barry,

Have you tried pairing the B2 and the MR1's, it may work with the software version you have now. If not an upgrade to B2B might be necessary.

On the B2 unit - use the front control to go to Settings and select 'Scan Bluetooth' - make sure the MR1's are in discover mode i.e. the blue LED is flashing. If the B2 discovers the MR1's the B2's display will show Ruark MR1 (and any other Bluetooth devices in the area). Select MR1 on the B2 (press and release the control) and it will try to pair - when connected the display will show 'Bluetooth OK'.

If pairing fails - use the front control to go to Settings > Maintenance > Reset Bluetooth and repeat the above.

The B2 should automatically detect that the MR1's are speakers are switch to 'output' mode (send music from the B2 to the MR1's) Please note that the Bluetooth out from the B2 is at a fixed level and you will need to use the volume control on the MR1's.

Paul
Brennan Support.