Brenna And Amazon ECHO via NAS not via bluetooth

Rob Waldron

Oct 13, 2021, 6:09:02 PM10/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi - I believe there is a way for the Brennan to be voice controlled/play through an \amazon echo - can someone point me at the procedure please - a fair bit of googling has failed - thanks.

PMB

Oct 14, 2021, 6:08:32 AM10/14/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi robsw...,

As far as I know this is not possible but someone on the Forum may correct me.

Paul
Brennan Support.

JFBUK

Oct 14, 2021, 9:56:58 AM10/14/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Rob,

an Echo can see a Brennan as a Bluetooth speaker and a Brennan can see an Echo as a Bluetooth speaker but the Brennan only allows other devices to access the HDD as NAS or a DLNA server.
There are Alex Skills which can access a B2 as a DLNA server (Our Jukebox) which requires DLNA to be enabled on the B2 and the creation of an 'Our Jukebox' account on the web.
'Our Jukebox' creates its own index of the Music on the B2 HDD as which it stores in the cloud under your 'Our Jukebox' account
'Our Jukebox' can be controlled by voice commends to Alexa but when I tried it I found it a bit kludgy.

John

Rob Waldron

Oct 14, 2021, 11:37:43 AM10/14/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi - good to know its not great - i wont bother for now - thanks all !!